søndag den 17. juni 2018

Alli, Melanie and Kathy about SUWS (The School of Urban and Wilderness Survival)

This testimony was found on Yelp. All rights go to the author Alli

I was sent here 8 years ago for what my parents were told would only be 28 days - this was the first scam, I was not told when I would go home and my parents had no idea when i would come home either, it ended up being a total of 66 days (3 months) before I was released and everyone has varying lengths of stay, 3 moths is about average.

The second biggest scam was after SUWS my parents and almost 90% of the other students "graduating" from the program were convinced we needed further help and needed to go to a therapeutic boarding school (TBS) somewhere else for long-term help. Most of the students stay in these TBS until they are 18, these programs will mess up your kid more than help them, I became agoraphobic after leaving my program because the owners threatened my parents and told them I would have to be put through more ongoing brutal psychological punishment for trying to leave their program early.

If you are thinking of sending your kid away please dont listen to the academic advisors they are being paid by these programs, i am open and honest to talk to you please email me at alliloweart@gmail.com



This testimony was found on Yelp. All rights go to the author Melanie

Notice that every positive review is NOT from someone that was sent here. It's been years and I still have ptsd and nightmares of the place. I remember when I first arrived and they made me take all my clothes off to strip search me. This is the kind of place that unfit parents send their kids when they no longer wish to be a parent. I slept in the woods under a tarp from Nov- January in FREEZING cold weather. There was a drought at the time and we weren't even aloud to make fires to stay warm. Please don't send your kids here. They will resent you for life. Everyone I know that came out of the programs have been worse off and later in trouble with the law. Thanks for reading.




This testimony was found on a blog. All rights go to the author Kathy

I was there in 1984 as well. I believe that was the year, because I was 15. It was the most horrific experience of my life. I am forever scarred, just like you.
I will never forget my experience, and still to this day hold a bit of a grudge against my parents for taking away a piece of me that I will never get back.
I 3 day solo was such a traumatic experience that no 15 year old girl should ever have to go through. Making my friend jump in the lake fully clothed, with her hard hat, boots, etc on in the pouring down rain and make her continue to work her 8 hour shift brought tears to my eyes and I will have that image forever stained into my brain.


Sources:

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar